Ham, Chorizo and Cornbread Stuffing
- 10 oz FUD Original Ham Bulk (2/8.563 LB), sliced in ribbons
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
- 1 cured FUD chorizo sausage, chopped
- 8 cups cubed plain cornbread (1-inch cubes), lightly toasted
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- In large skillet, melt butter over medium heat; cook onion, celery, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper for about 5 minutes or until softened. Let cool slightly.
- In large bowl, combine onion mixture, chorizo and ham; toss with cornbread and eggs. Stir in broth.
- Transfer to prepared baking dish. Cover with foil; bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil; bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until stuffing is set in the center and golden on top. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with parsley.
- TIP: Use Reduced Sodium Cooked Ham if desired.