Spaghetti Squash with Turkey Franks, Sun-dried Tomatoes, Garbanzo Beans, Fresco & Pepitas
- 1 spaghetti squash (about 3½ to 4 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 package FUD® Lower Sodium Turkey Franks, sliced ½-inch thick
- ½ cup drained and rinsed garbanzo beans
- ½ cup drained julienne cut sun-dried tomatoes in oil, 2 teaspoons oil reserved
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 ounces FUD® Campirano™ Fresco Natural Cheese, crumbled (½ cup)
- ¼ cup roasted and salted shelled pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- With fork, pierce squash several times on each side to vent. On large microwave-safe plate, heat squash in microwave oven on high 12 minutes or until squash feels slightly soft when squeezed, turning once halfway through cooking. Cool 10 minutes.
- In large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add franks; cook 3 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. With slotted spoon, transfer to paper towel-lined plate; reduce heat to medium. Add reserved oil; heat 1 minute. Add beans and sun-dried tomatoes; cook 2 minutes. Return franks to skillet; cook 3 minutes or until heated through.
- Cut squash lengthwise in half; remove seeds. With fork, shred squash into spaghetti-like strands onto large microwave-safe plate. Heat squash in microwave oven on high 1½ minutes or until heated through. Stir in salt and pepper. Divide squash into 6 bowls; evenly top with franks mixture, cheese and pepitas.