Spinach Salad with Watermelon
- 1 seedless watermelon (small)
- ½ lb FUD Panela Cheese
- 1 red onion
- 1 lb fresh spinach
- 4 oz aceite de oliva
- 4 oz olive oil
- 1 lemon (juice only)
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 4 oz chia seeds
- 1 cup strawberry dressing
- 1 pint fresh, rinsed strawberries (halved with stem removed)
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp refined white sugar
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- Cut the FUD Panela Cheese into half-inch cubes and set aside. Once peeled, cut the watermelon into thick, triangular shapes and set aside. Cut the red onion into thin slices and set aside.
- In a bowl, place the washed spinach, olive oil, lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Thoroughly mix all the ingredients in the bowl with salad tongs. Sprinkle the chia seeds on top, then mix well again.
- Add the FUD Panela Cheese cubes, mix well, then serve the salad on a plate over watermelons; garnish the salad with the sliced red onion and with the help of a spoon, serve the dressing over the salad in circular motions.
- NOTE: You can add some protein to the salad such as our FUD Turkey Ham, cut into small cubes.
- STRAWBERRY DRESSING Wash and drain the strawberries, remove the green stems, then cut in each strawberry in half, lengthwise. Place them in a bowl and add the olive oil, salt, sugar and balsamic vinegar; mix well, then let stand for 3 minutes.
- In a hot pan, add the mixture of strawberries, and continue stirring the mixture until the color of each strawberry changes to a lighter red; remove them from the heat and let stand for a few minutes.
- Add the strawberry mixture to blender and liquefy at medium speed for 3 minutes, creating a dressing. Before placing into a container, verify that the dressing has a sour taste. Pour the mixture into a container and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- It is recommended to prepare the dressing before the salad, so it has more time to cool.