Tomato Juice with Caramelized Bacon
- 12 oz FUD Selecto Bacon (whole package)
- 4 oz refined sugar
- 6 oz chili powder
- TOMATO JUICE: 8 oz tomato juice
- 3 slices of caramelized FUD Selecto Bacon
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- Pinch of salt
- 1 lime (juice only)
- BACON: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place the FUD Selecto Bacon in a pan previously sprayed with some cooking spray to prevent any sticking (waxed paper or aluminum foil is also recommended).
- Bacon Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place the FUD Selecto Bacon in a pan previously sprayed with some cooking spray to prevent any sticking (waxed paper or aluminum foil is also recommended). Linearly arrange the bacon slices on a sheet pan, making sure they are not touching each other. Sprinkle the refined sugar over each bacon strip so that 80% of each strip is covered with sugar; do the same for the chili powder. Place the pan in the oven and caramelize the bacon for about 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, let cool, and dry with a paper towel to remove any excess fat. The caramelized bacon can be served as a snack or with some lemon juice or your favorite sauce.
- TOMATE JUICE: Place the limejuice in one bowl and in another bowl place the sugar and 2 slices of caramelized FUD Selecto Bacon, finely crumbled.
- Frost the edge of a glass with limejuice first, then with the sugar and crumbled bacon.
- Sprinkle some bacon mixed with sugar in the bottom of the glass, then add the tomato juice, soy sauce and salt. Garnish with a slice of caramelized FUD Selecto Bacon.